Harrison Ford Wants To Do 'Indy 5' To 'Deepen The Understanding' Of The Characters

1/14/2010 Posted by Admin

By our guest blogger, Matt Jussim

Speaking at a press junket for "Extraordinary Measures," Harrison Ford spoke about doing a follow-up to "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull."

According to the interview: Ford said: "I think it would be interesting to advance the understanding of the character, as we always have had that ambition throughout the series. I think it would be interesting to deepen the relationship between he and his son (Mutt, played by Shia LaBeouf) and play on that relationship. ... It's full of opportunity. The series is full of opportunity.”

I like that Ford is enthusiastic, but after actually seeing the last “Indiana Jones” film, I was pretty disappointed. After all the years of re-writes and story changes, I thought that when finally everyone agreed, it would be a great one. Instead, it was just completely ridiculous and not even close to as good as any of the originals.

I think this sentiment toward the film made a lot of fans feel as if they should just end things there and move on. I can understand that feeling but in my opinion, I think another film is a great idea.

Given a second chance, I think George Lucas, Steven Speilberg and Harrison Ford can team together to make one more amazing “Indiana Jones” film. After the terrible, critical and public (but not financial) reaction, I think they would buckle down and hammer out a great story.

Obviously, only time will tell, but if they do make another Indy film, whether it’s good or bad I guarantee it will rake in a ton of cash.

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

3 comments:

  1. lisa said...

    Come back Harrison. Yes, another is a very good idea!!

  2. Anonymous said...

    There really wasn't a lot of "terrible" reaction to Crystal Skull. On Rotten Tomatoes the film has an approval rating in the high 70s. Personally, I really enjoyed it. If they team up to make another film, as long as it's the same team, I'm all for it.

  3. Unknown said...

    I think the biggest hump to overcome is having the integrity to admit when you're wrong. George Lucas typically doesn't carry that trait, and refuses to apologize when he makes mistakes, even when people point them out to him.
    I agree with another film being a good idea, but ONLY if the filmmakers of the last have the courage to admit it wasn't good. If they're proud of Crystal Skull, then we've got a world of hurt in for us.
    (Or, just remove Lucas from it altogether seeing as how he hasn't created anything worthwhile since 1989. That's quite a hefty bag of loses).

    I hate to rip on Lucas for it, but the fact is they had other scripts approved that Lucas didn't approve before they settled on the one they used for Crystal Skull - which was based off a young indiana jone story that Lucas liked. Not to mention you wouldn't have expected Spielberg to be a strong proponent for digital effects. (sigh)