Fantasia and her Overdose--No Accident!

8/23/2010 Posted by Admin


Fantasia admitted in an interview that she intentionally overdosed on aspirin and a sleep aid a couple of weeks ago.

"I didn't have any fight in me. I didn't care about anything. I just wanted out," the American Idol winner, 26, tells VH1 in a new Behind the Music interview, airing 9 p.m. ET/PT Tuesday, the same day her new album, Back to Me, is released. "At that moment, I wanted out. I wanted it to be over with – all of it, all of that [expletive]."

She continues: "I just sat in the closet and looked at the mirror and took all the pills in the bottle. I wanted to go to sleep and just be at peace. I knew exactly what I was doing. You can't accidentally take a whole bottle of pills."

Fantasia's manager said the singer had been "extremely low" and when she sent him a text saying "I love you" he realized something might be seriously wrong.

"I wrote, 'You better not do anything or think about doing anything stupid.' And I left it at that. About 10 minutes later, Fantasia texted me back, and she said, 'Already did.' I went into Fantasia's room and saw her on the floor, and my heart just dropped."

Fantasia, look--you have talent.  People like you.  Here's something to think about.  Why not do an album of standards and rise to the top again?  Natalie Cole did it.  You can do. 

We need you again, but at your best.  You're interesting and compelling, and you have that voice.  Now just take some time to get it together, forget about R&B and landing somewhere on the charts, and think about the music of the past.  It's suited to you.  And Grammy voters will love you for it.

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments: