"Cop Out" Movie Trailer Review

2/13/2010 Posted by Admin

By our guest blogger, Elisabeth Rentschler

So, I'm not going to lie--I watched this trailer several times in a row. The first time, I think I was a little in shock. The second time, I actually laughed, and the next five times, I laughed even harder. Now what exactly this movie is about, I'm not quite sure, but I do know that it will probably be good if you're looking for some comedic relief.

"Cop Out," a new comedy due out February 26, 2010, stars Tracy Morgan and Bruce Willis. This movie is rated R and seems to have no particular plot. In fact, it seems as if it is just a movie about two middle-aged cops driving around while making constant sexual innuendos. Needless to say, I'm sure it will do decently at the box office, just like many humorous yet dumbed-down movies.

What I really enjoy about this particular trailer, and the movie in general, is the cast. There never has been a movie in which Morgan and Willis have starred in together. It's an intriguing mix. After all, I remember Morgan back from his "Saturday Night Live" days, and Willis still reminds me of "The Sixth Sense." Furthermore, it's interesting that director Kevin Smith chose these actors. It's a smart idea. Having these two co-starring together will likely bring out a variety of moviegoers.

Although not everyone will be willing to throw down some hard-earned money for a movie with such a vague plot, who knows?  If the trailer is any indication, it might be worth your while.

View the red-band trailer for "Cop Out" below. What are your thoughts?

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

1 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    I don't know. I've seen the trailer at least five times now after episodes of 30 Rock (on which Tracy Morgan stars). Recycled jokes about how long a man lasts in bed, and it seems creaming loud makes any line funny is what I get out of this trailer. I hope I'm wrong, but I know Gigli didn't do all that will with Kevin Smith. Bruce Willis needs to stop being a DeNiro and try some rolls that don't mock himself. Tracy Morgan, unfortunately I have never found anything he does funny.

    Maybe I'm being biased, but I think this is going to be as bad a Couples Retreat (I predicted that being bad too. Did even worse than I thought)