American Idol: Season 10, Episode 23: And Now There is Finally Nine

4/03/2011 Posted by Admin

American Idol: Season 10, Episode 23: And Now There is Finally Nine

Television News

By our guest blogger, Catherine Fuentes


My bottom three predictions have been quite accurate – even if I keep on throwing Stefano in there. Last night, in a not-so-shocking double elimination, Naima Adedapo and Thia Megia, were both sent home.

I predicted a while back that both of these ladies, who admittedly I liked quite a bit, would consistently be in the Bottom Three until they got eliminated. I had predicted Thia and Stefano would be the ones to go home last night, since I felt that while Thia has a beautiful voice, she has never been particularly exciting, and a beautiful voice can’t carry a two-dimensional personality and slow performances much longer. It seemed that she was too young for the show.

I’m not a big Stefano fan. I think he performs like a cheesy lounge singer, and isn’t close to being the most talented or the most interested guy. On the other hand, he has a huge fan in Jennifer, and as a talented, attractive guy, he could stick around a while longer.

Naima’s elimination shouldn’t come as a surprise. She was too polarizing a contestant: you either loved her or you didn’t. You either are familiar with reggae, or you’re not. There’s not really a middle ground with Naima. It was just a matter of time until the contestants dwindled and a love it or hate it contestant would falter.

However, the thing I was unhappy with, but unfortunately, not terribly surprising, is that Paul McDonald was in the Bottom Three. I am a huge fan of Paul McDonald. I like his raspy voice, I like his quirky vibe, and I’m absolutely confident that I’d like the type of music he releases as an artist. He’s a performer, and I think he has a place in the industry and can appeal to a range of fans – fans that might not be fans of American Idol. And that is something that might come to hurt him.

Paul won’t sing a ballad like Jacob, or light up a piano and shimmy on it like James. He’s the most subdued performer left in the competition, but voters, don’t let that be a deterrent. He’s a contestant with huge music industry staying power.

Next week we’re back to single elimination, and in another not shocking turn of events: there are six guys left, and three girls. So Haley, Pia, and Lauren, it’s time to raise your game.

  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes

0 comments: